There are dozens of restaurants offering diverse styles in and around Cabarete. Great dining under the stars with your feet in the sand is less than a five-minute beach walk from Harmony.
A few of the restaurants transform into nightclubs, playing a variety of dance music, often with a local flavor. Usually on the weekends, one or more of the clubs has a DJ from Europe so get ready to beach party!
We have put together a short list of our favorite places along with an indication of the approximate prices (not including alcoholic drinks). As some of them offer delivery, we’ve included their telephone numbers.
$ (RD) 150 to 300 per person
$$ (RD) 300 to 500 pp
$$$ (RD) 500 + pp
VoyVoy Opens at 7:30 am and is best known for their extensive breakfast menu although the kitchen is open until 10 pm. This is a local favorite offering a nice terrace on the beach, delicious comfort food, daily specials, and Monday karaoke.
Tel: 809 571 0805 $$
Belgium Bakery Left out of Harmony entrance across the street and next to Banco Popular. This is an excellent option for enjoying a good cup of coffee and some pastries.
Tel: 829 571 8198 $$$
Claro Located at Casablanca Hotel, close to Janet’s Supermarket. Fresh and tasty breakfasts, including omelets, french toast, fresh fruits, etc. from 8 am to 2 pm. Open Tuesday – Sunday
Tels: 849 869 0808 and 809 889 1406 $$
Cabarete Coffee Company – Small deli. Located on the main road towards Kite Beach, close to Bahía de Arena.
Tel: 809 571 0919 $$$
Mojito – On the main beach strip. If you’re looking for a nice sandwich or a fresh salad, this is your spot. Delicious toasted ciabatta bread sandwiches and fresh made juices. Honoring its name, it serves the best mojito in town. Happy hour from 4 pm to 7 pm. Closed on Tuesday. $
Gorditos – Right out of Harmony street entrance, ~100 yards on the right. Fresh-Mex burritos, tacos (including Baja fish tacos), and bowls. Closed on Sundays.
Tel: 829 844 3434 $
Los Locos de en Frente – Right out of Harmony street entrance, first left (Callejón de la Loma), about 50 yards down on the left. Just passed Bliss. Good burgers and pasta. Open until 6PM.
Tel: 809 815 9649 $$
Casa Papi (aka: La Casita) – On the main beach strip, in the middle of the restaurant zone. Excellent Shrimp and Lobster a la Papi, a local favorite and by far one of the best dishes in all of Cabarete. Tel: 809 986 3750 $$$
Otra Cosa – If you are in town celebrating a special event or just feel like being romantic, Otra Cosa is the place to go. A delicious blend of local ingredients and French cuisine paired with meticulous service and an intimate, tranquil setting. $$$
Maraja – Left out the beach exit, just next door to Wyndham. Italian-style fine dining with many options. Tel: 809 571 0123 $$$
Cookies – Near the street entrance gate to Harmony within the community. Nice baked goods and if you order giving 2 days advance notice, French chef Bernard will make for you one of the best pork or lamb dishes you will ever taste. Tel: 829 426 5065 $$
ahorita – Right out of Harmony street entrance and just across the street ~50 yards. Good pizza and pasta. Live music by local performers on some nights. Tel: 809 713 9457 $$
– If interested in big TVs, sports, and American style foods, Jose O’Shay’s and/or Kahuna on the main beach strip are the place
– If you are craving chocolates and cakes, other options are K’s on the main road downtown, and Golosos in Plaza Media Luna, next to Caribe Express.
– Fresh juice combinations are offered at Friends, on the main road.
– Traditional Dominican food, AKA “bandera” (rice, beans, and chicken) is offered right across Kite Beach Club or on the right down Callejón de la Loma.
– Pomodoro Pizzeria has a nice jazz performance every Thursday evening
– Aloha, right on the corner of Harmony, has a nice Thursday barbeque and live music almost every Friday. Check the surfboard!
– If you have transportation and head towards Sosua, there’s a nice Thai place called Chili’s. It’s up in the hills, but it’s a very nice setting. Please be careful venturing out on these roads, especially at night.
– Suggested tipping is between 10 and 20%. Some restaurants include a 10% service fee and this will appear on your bill.
To keep up with what is going on in town, you can visit: